Tuesday, October 6, 2009

A quick something...

I'll be honest, this is something I whipped up. It's been a busy day and I haven't had the time to really spend on writing a poem out. I was hoping to put in an old one, but I didn't have any on hand. So, if you find faults, or are disappointed, please be kind :)

Little

Iridescent, it’s open to the fates
Pause, slow down, catch it in your hand
Reflect, look, it waits your command
Though but small, its power never abates…

Through struggle, it will be your constant guide
In the day, it outshines the light
And quell all the waves in the night
It will pull you as the moon does the tide

Yet it cannot live where one is so blind
In heart, and is futile against foes
When shut out and shuttered from those
Whose spirit is separated from mind

These are the thoughts to which I hold so dear
So as not to lead a life of wretch’d fear

No comments:

Post a Comment