Thursday, March 11, 2010

Dreaming of Yesterday

Life was great yesterday.  There was sun, there was warmth, and I was on my bike riding.  Sure, commuting can be a pain in the rear (literally and figuratively) dealing with all the traffic - read "lack of curteous drivers"- but really it is so much fun to be out on the road.  Using my body as a means for transportation, as opposed to just a lump that turns a wheel back and forth, is so refreshing.  Things move at a slower pace, nature is available for observation, and you have a real appreciation for distance!

Lately, my wife and I have been running around like crazy just trying to find a homestead.  It has been a long, gruelling eight month process, and we are still nowhere close to an end.  My wife is a teacher and I am doing some contract work, so we do not have a lot of disposable income.  Therefore, we have been searching for deals in areas where there are not that many.  It has been frustrating, and it's made even worse by all the traffic in Indianapolis.  Many areas are having bridges repaired, roads redone, or what-have-you.  The result is personified by our experience last Tuesday when we went to look at a house roughly eight miles from our apartment.  The round trip took us 2 hours - mind you, we only spent about 10 - 15 mins in the house.  Needless to say, we were completely drained by the time we got home, only to have to make dinner.

That's why yesterday was wonderful.  We did not have a house to look at, I was able to get a good ride in (I work about 18.5 miles away), and we were able to just enjoy a day of sun and fun.  What could be better!

No comments:

Post a Comment